24th October 2013
They have places in these turbo classes, especially on the newer night of Monday, and they have recently have added the Polar Team software which enables all of the riders to see their heart rate data on a big screen at the front of the class.
This weekend, on the back of their continued success, Elitecycling are organising ‘An Evening with Magnus Backstedt’, the highly respected road racing professional and winner of the 2004 Paris Roubaix. It’s designed to be a very informal evening in which you can ask all of your questions about Backstedt’s past and present, his training, hear about his experiences in some of the biggest races in the World, and also get the chance to win a signed jersey in the ‘Big Maggy Quiz’.
It’s to be held on the Saturday 26th October from 7pm – 9pm at The Lodge at Crystal Palace National Sports Centre. The cost is £25 which includes refreshments.
The following day, Sunday 27th October, Elitecycling have a full day seminar and practical demonstration with Italian company, Coach Team Assistant, and Backstedt, from 9am – 5pm, also at The Lodge in the Crystal Palace National Sports Centre. The cost is £99 and includes lunch and refreshments. The aim is to deliver an informative but understandable evaluation of training and methodology. You will see a practical test as used on the Italian National squad.
This seminar, ‘The Benefits of Performance Testing with Professor Mattia Michelusi and Magnus Backstedt’, is designed to help you understand:
• The very latest research and methods used by the peloton to legitimately enhance their performance.
• How to test for, and analyse fitness and performance data.
• How to interpret and use data to help with your specific training and goals
• Why power is now the benchmark for training to enhance performance.
• How to use Heart Rate data instead of power to achieve a similar result The session will also involve:
• A real time fitness test conducted by Mattia on Magnus to see how the pro’s do it.
• A practical turbo session to put the theory into practice using your own bike. Turbo trainers supplied.
Professor Mattia Michelusi and his Colleages at www.coachteamassistant.com currently collaborate with:
• The Italian National Squad
• The Androni Giocattoli Professional Squad
• Marco Pinotti 6 time National TT Champ
• Susanna Zorzi 2013 Under 23 Euro Champion